There are several hotels close by or easily reached with public transportation.
The Seminaris CampusHotel is in a very quiet location within very short walking distance of the conference venue. You may book your room:
We have a reserved allotment of hotel rooms for the period of March 26 to March 30 2017 at Seminaris CampusHotel. Use the code "SCCS 2017."
Room rates (which include breakfast-buffet, free access to the sauna area, fitness room, as well as WiFi access) are 80 Euro (single) and 107,50 Euro (double). There is a limited number of rooms that will be given out on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Seminaris CampusHotel reduces the number of alotted rooms (by 25% three months before, by 50% two months before the conference) if they're not reserved by that time.
Cancellation policies are as follows: 4 weeks in advance - free cancellation, 2 weeks in advance - 50% cancellation fee, 1 week in advance - 75% cancellation fee.
Further Hotels and Guest Houses
There are some additional hotels in Dahlem a short distance from the conference venue, including (in alphabetic order):
- Apartment Hotel Residenz 2000 Berlin Unter den Eichen 96, D-12205 Berlin, Telefon:+49 (0) 30 810 56 253 (map: https://goo.gl/maps/7bWQ9)
- Apartment Hotel Berlin, Clayallee 150-152, D-12205 Berlin, Telefon: +49 (0) 30 84 189 30, prices: one Person 70€, two persons 90€ (map: https://goo.gl/maps/4eGK1)
- Best Western Steglitz International, Schlossstraße/Albrechtstraße 2, 12165 Berlin, Telefon +49 (0) 30 79 00 5-521
- Apartment Hotel Landhaus Lichterfelde, Drakestrasse 60, D-12205 Berlin, Telefon: +49 (0) 30 833 28 40, Prices: about 60-70€, specials: rent a bike, airport shuttle for 30€ (map: https://goo.gl/maps/Dn3xV)
- Hotel am Wilden Eber, Warnemuender Strasse 19, D-14199 Berlin, Telefon +49 (0) 30 89 777 99 0, prices: single bedroom about 75€, double bedroom about 95€, specials: swimming pool,sauna, free WiFi (map: https://goo.gl/maps/U2hDE)
- Hotel Eckstein, Schildhornstrasse 72, D-12163 Berlin, Telefon: +49 (0) 30 793 51 50, prices: single bedrooms between 50€ and 150€, double bedroom between 70€ and 180€, specials: free WiFi, moreover this hotel has very convenient public transport connections (map: https://goo.gl/maps/iDApu)
- Hotel Ravenna, Grunewaldstrasse 8-9, D-12165 Berlin, Telefon: +49 (0) 30 790 911 00, prices: normal bedroom about 60€, specials: free WiFi, next to the "Botanischer Garten" (map: https://goo.gl/maps/txENu)
- Pension am Rüdesheimer Platz, Rüdesheimer Platz 7, D-14197 Berlin, Telefon: +49 (0) 30 824 077 58, prices: single bedroom with shared shower area costs 54€, single bedroom with ensuite costs 79€, double bedroom with shared shower area costs 90€, double bedroom with ensuite costs 109€, specials: quiet location, within walking distance of several train stations (map: https://goo.gl/maps/5AnM8)
However, you may consider staying in another area of Berlin and commuting to the conference venue via S- or U-Bahn (this is what most students do). If you go for this option you may particularly consider hotels near the U-Bahn line U3 or S-Bahn line S1.
Low Budget and Student Accommodation
Aparthotel Residenz 2000 also offers hostel rooms (shared rooms). Prices start from 15 Euro (shared room).
Berlin has numerous hostels and low budget accommodations. Many of those are easy to reach from the conference venue via U-Bahn or S-Bahn. An overview on more than 40 hostels in Berlin are, for example, provided here and here.